Thursday, October 26th, 2023
AM Session: 9 am – 12 pm, Location TBD
PM Session: 2 pm – 5 pm, Location TBD
2023-2024 Foreign Language Examination Committee
Dr. Cristina Ionescu, Chair
French: Dr. Gregory Doolan (coordinator), Dr. Nathaniel Taylor, Dr. Stepehn Waldorf.
German: Dr. Michele Averchi (coordinator), Dr. Thomas Marré, Fr. Bonaventure Chapman O.P.
The deadline to register is Monday, October 16th, 2023. Late registrations will not be accepted. To register, or to request past exams, please e-mail Mrs. Maureen Boyle (email@example.com) with the language in question. We will not accept verbal registrations. For a pdf of the Language Exam flyer, click here.
- If I register for the exam but decide not to take it, does it count as one of my fail attempts? Only if you arrive on the day of the exam, look at it, and then decide not to take it. If you just decide not to show up, that’s fine—it won’t count against you. However, please let us know ahead of time if you plan not to take the exam
- Do I need to take FREN 500 or GER 500 before taking the School of Philosophy translation exam? You are not required to take these courses prior to sitting for the exam. However, unless you’ve already studied French or German in the past, it is recommended that you do.
- What about the University’s language exam, the one offered by the Counseling Center? Nope.
- How do I get copies of past exams? Visit this webpage.
- What are the PhD Language Requirements? Consult this webpage.
- I am still confused, whom should I contact? If you still have questions after checking the website, email Mrs. Maureen Boyle (firstname.lastname@example.org).